Monday, November 24, 2008

Though I never got to see your face, know that I think of you and wish we could have met today....

I didn't see you planting your roots so deep
until today
I didn't hear your footsteps walking away
until today
in the dark corners where no one goes, you are
exposed; revealed; renewed in time.

I mourn the canvas where your face should be
But your hello and goodbye dyed my life a deeper shade of grateful
for the things we say farewell to
for sisterhood's droplets of strength
and for fresh buds that will blossom in the spring.

2 comments:

b. said...

that is beautiful h.

amymom24 said...

All the what-ifs and if-onlys... I know how you feel, but not exactly... Praying for you as you remember the life of your little one. What a comfort it is to know that your baby never had to suffer in the often painful life, but was ushered straight into the arms of Jesus!